Hekab Be Biblioteca Library Summer course 2010 Wishlist
Summer course 2010 Wishlist— the beginning
LEAVING YOUR DONATION AT THE LIBRARY
Our assistant director, Carlos, speaks English and can answer any questions you have. Please do not hesitate to leave your donation with either Carlos or Leo, whether it’s a donation in kind or a cash donation. They will ask you to sign our guest book with your name, address and a description of what you donated.
These are items that we know we will need for our summer school program, please check back we will be adding to this list: Wishlist
1. liquid white glue such as elmer’s (but can be any brand). large bottle are good since they don’t dry out like the individual size one)— please no glue sticks, they dry up too fast!
2. liquid paint, preferably washable/water based for easy child and table clean up. ALL colors, but we can mix as needed with just red, blue, yellow, back & white. large size please (at least 1 liter, bigger is better!)
3. Play doh or any brand non-toxic modeling clay, all colors. Again, the larger the better.
4. Small disposable plates (dessert size), paper would be ideal— locally it’s hard to find anything other than plastic and styrofoam.
5. rolls of white paper for art projects— such as “butcher paper”
Please note that all the items posted on the most needed items and updated 2010 wish lists below are also still current.
Posted by Hekab Be at 7:11 AM 0 comments
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Most needed items
Please note that all the items posted on the longer updated 2010 wish list below are still current. Here we list a few items that we need more urgently:
- Prizes for our reading program: kids receive prizes every month for reading the most books— scroll down to the updated 2010 list below to see some suggested items
- Small laminating machine and laminating sheets, to create library cards for users
- HP printer cartridges, the following models: hp 21 black; hp 22 tricolor; and hp 95 tricolor
- Labels refills for label maker: DYMO brand, size is 1/2” wide x 13’ long
- First aid items or kit containing: gauze, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, etc.
- Camera batteries, 2 lithium batteries, CR2, 3V
- Used computers, running Windows XP or later versions. Even just a CPU would help, we could get a screen locally for low cost. (Note that Mexican customs allows people to bring in 1 desktop and 1 laptop computer per person duty-free)
- Notebooks, Spiral notebooks, lined (college ruled), 100 sheets; spiral or bound notebooks with graph paper, 80-100 sheets. Also loose sheets of graph paper.
- Erasers, hand held rather than pencil toppers.
- Geometry sets, that contain pencil compass, protractor, ruler, & triangles
- Poster board, white or any color. Sam’s and City Club in Playa del Carmen sell this in packs of 100-200 sheets
- Letter size clear plastic sleeves
- String trimmer (weed whacker) for garden maintenance (too rocky to pass a regular lawn mower)
- 2-3 staplers we have plenty of staples just need the stapler!
Still needed items
- Math workbooks, with exercises in addition, subtraction, multiplication & division, for ages kindergarten to 6th grade (these do not necessarily need to be in Spanish as long as exercises are self-explanatory or have brief instructions in English— e.g. no word problems please)
- Blank white paper, letter size, such as copy paper or printer paper
- Liquid glue, such as Elmer’s (or any brand), large size is fine
- packs of solid colored craft foam sheets, used for arts and crafts projects
A few items we DON’T need because we have plenty are:
- pencils (regular or mechanical)
- scotch tape
- pocket folders
- flash cards
- wrist watches
Questions email us
Posted by: bfischl
Posted on: 2010-05-20 Permanent Link: Hekab Be Biblioteca Library Summer course 2010 Wishlist