Just a few lines to let you know what we are working on following your suggestions:
• More signals asking not to give food to any animal are on their way. We have ordered many so we can cover the whole
Property including the beach. For fishes close to the restaurants, we are trying a wooden box that will be in each one of The water mirrors with an explanation of when fishes can receive food.
• We do have Zumba and aerobics from Monday to Friday at the aerobics area, close to the gym. Fully air-conditioned.
• We have several proposals to have hot tubes in the main pools and possibly at the adult’s pools. Do to the nature of this
Investment, we need the OK from our Head Office so it will take time even if we have this OK.
• We have been investigating what other resorts do to avoid the black birds to “attack” the food. We have seen what Barceló and Sandos do so we are going to do something similar, also in Vallarta. We have several big areas so it will take time but here we go.
• Self service coffee machines all day long. Well, I have to admit I am not an enthusiast of this suggestion but we can try.
We are going to try it in two lobbies and see how it goes. There was a suggestion about self service beer but as we have many kids around, we decided long ago to keep serving it.
• The times and location of all the bands is clearly advertised in the information panels and in each train station.
Mayan Ruin.- It is nearly ready. I guess most people don’t know there is a small Mayan temple in our property. We have worked together with the INA (Archeology National Institute) to repair it. Last Friday they gave as an explanation of what was used for, and other interesting things. It seems there are more things that can be done there so we are waiting for a report. Our idea is that, as soon as we can have it as we want, we will organize a daily tour to the temple, supervised by our staff and, of course, with the proper explanations. I am sure it will be something unique. Unfortunately, this is a question that will take time yet.
Mini Zoo.- This is a project we have been working for some time. We do have a mini zoo in Vallarta and working in another one in Bávaro with domestic animals. However, for Riviera we would like to do something similar to what we do in Vallarta where we only have animals that have been sick or injured and cannot go back to their wild world. Coatis, for example, are very easy to domesticate so, if we allow them to receive food then they might have trouble to find food in the atmosphere. Will see. Once again, not a short way ahead.
Many thanks for your suggestions, dear friends. They really help us to improve every day!
Felipe Martínez Verde
Operations & Product Manager – Vacational Americas