The Palladium Hotel Group will build a new complex in the Cancun with an investment of €550 million, which will include four new Grand Palladium resorts and two The Royal Suites by Palladium. With a total of 3,150 rooms and suites, the new complex will be the largest property in the Palladium Hotel Group portfolio, and the group’s third in Mexico.
CANCÚN, Q. Roo
A new tourism, residential and commercial development is built on a large natural area in the exclusive Paraíso Mujeres development, adjacent to the Laguna Chacmuchuc body, the mainland area of Isla Mujeres. This is the Grand Palladium Paraíso Mujeres Resort & Spa complex, with 1,150 rooms on an area of 140 hectares.
The project consists of the construction of two new hotels: the Royal Suites Hotel and the Gran Palladium Hotel, a Travel Club, a Spa-Gym, beach service area and main access to the whole complex. The Royal Suites Hotel will have 450 rooms, while the Palladium will have 700 rooms.
The project includes a system of artificial channels for recreational and aesthetic purposes that will allow guests to be transported within the tourist development through non-motorized boats or boats with electric motor that will sail along them. The bottom of the channels shall be covered with impermeable geomembranes in such a way that the water they contain shall not be in direct contact with the geological environment or with the adjacent groundwater. The geomembrane will be covered with sand and non-polluting materials that will give a natural look to the bottom of the canals.
The commercial area will be called “Village” and will be a set of buildings, squares and walks that will form the center of a village where various tourist services will be provided
Also included are swimming pools, jacuzzis, fountains and sunbathing of the project. As a whole will have conventional swimming pools and swim-up pools and jacuzzis with an average depth of 1.2 m. In addition it will have small decorative fountains distributed between the garden areas and roads of the hotels with an average depth of 0.5 m. The total area occupied by the pools as a whole will be 3.81 ha.
Members wish list
Re: ** WISH LIST FOR THE NEW GP RESORT IN PLAYA MUJERES **
Postby filnuovum » Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 pm
Ok. let me give you some information about the new resort in Isla Mujeres.
1) SWIM-UP rooms.- OF COURSE, AS WE HAVE IN PUNTA CANA.
2) Rooms with view of the ocean and plunge pool on the balcony. MOST OF OUR ROOMS WILL HAVE A SEW VIEW.
3) A Royal beach section similar to the one in Punta Cana. OF COURSE, AS IN OUR OTHER RS.
4) Heated pools (at least on the Royal Section) so you can go in even in winter. ABSOLUTELY. YOU DON’T KNOW YET BUT WE HAVE ALREADY HEATED “RINCONCITO, ROYAL, SPA AND COLONIAL/KANTENAH MAIN POOL”. ALSO WE WILL HAVE IN JAMAICA, PUNTA CANA AND WHAT WE DIDN’T HAVE YET IN PUERTO VALLARTA.
5) A Royal section closer to the Beach (or right on the beach.!!) THE NEW ROYAL SUITES ARE JUST ON THE BEACH.
6) The “secret box” system for room service (at least in Royal), like the one in Punta Cana…. so they leave your food there. OF COURSE, BOTH IN ROYAL SUITES AND GRAND PALLADIUM. WE DON’T HAVE IT IN THE OTHER GP BECAUSE IT’S IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS WE DO A MAJOR CONSTRUCTION RENOVATION AND THAT’S NOT IN OUR PLANS YET.
7) Free snacks for Royal guests on the minibar (Oreos, M&Ms, Lays, etc). WE TAKE NOTE. YOU CAN BE SURE WE WILL SEE WHAT WE AN DO BUT, GUYS…WE NEED TO HELP YOU TO KEEP YOUR BELLY UNDER CONTROL!!!!!
8) Complimentary newspapers for Royal Guests (by request maybe). WE USED TO HAVE THIS AND WE CANCELLED. WHY? EASY, GUYS, EVERYBODY HAS FREE HIGH SPEED WIFI ALL AROUND THE RESORTS AND PARTICULARLY AT THE ROYAL SUITES. IT’S REALLY DIFFICULT TO GET PRINTED NEWSPAPERS. YOU JUST NEED TO USE A SMART PHONE OR A TABLET. IF YOU DON’T BRING ONE I THINK WE COULD HAVE JUST A FEW TO ALLOW YOU TO USE THEM.
9) Some rooms with 2 levels and plunge pool… (Like the “Rooftop terraces” at Excellence Playa Mujeres). THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN OUR PROJECT BUT, HEY, IT’S A SECRET. PLEASE HELP ME TO KEEP IT THAT WAY, PLEASE!
10) More rooms with “closed bathroom” concept (I can’t understand the open bathroom concepts, I find them awful TBH).
A good mix would be like the suites on the Paradisus Punta Cana where you can make the bathroom open or closed with a divider (To make everyone happy.!!) THAT WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE, BE SURE OF THAT. THOSE WHO PREFFER THE OPEN ROOM CONCEPT WILL HAVE THE CHANCE AND THOSE WHO WANT THE CLOSED THING…TO. EASY AND NICE, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT.
11) Better Cable signal and more HD channels. WELL, THIS IS SOMETHING WE ARE APDATING THE TV NETS IN ALL OUR RESORTS, NOT ONLY IN THE NEW ONES. AS A MATTER OF FACT WE HAVE INCLUDED SOME QUESTIONS IN OUR QUESTIONNAIRES SO WE HAVE SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND HAVE ALSO STARTED WITH NEW PROCEDURES TO DOUBLE CHECK THE SIGNAL IS PERFECT IN ANY ROOM. SOMETIMES IT WILL TAKE TIME BECAUSE IT DEPENDS ON A NUMBER OF THINKS BUT IT WILL BE SOLVED. REGARDING THE AMOUNT OF CHANNELS WE HAVE INCREASED THE NUMBER OF THEM IN ALL OUR RESORTS OR ARE IN THE PROCEDURE TO DO IT BUT PLEASE CONSIDER THAT WE DEPEND ON THE LOCAL CABLE TV PROVIDERS AND NOT ALL YOUR FAVOURITE CHANNELS ARE AVALABLE IN MÉXICO.
12) Better AC (in conjunction with in-room ceiling fans which really help!). AROUND A YEAR AND A HALF AGO WE CHANGED OUR POLICY REGARDING THE AIR CONDITIONING IN THE ROOMS AND IN THE RESTAURANTS. WE MIGHT HAVE TECHNICAL PROBLEMS FROM ONCE IN A WHILE IN A RESORT OR IN A ROOM BUT I CAN TELL YOU MOST OF OUR GUESTS ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY OF THIS SERVICE.
13) A nice bar/lounge section on the beach for some drinks and a bit of late music (currently in RM you can only get beer after a certain hour). THERE WILL THREE BEACH BARS (ONE FOR THE ROYAL SUITES ONLY) AND I THINK NONE OF THEM WILL OPEN 24 HOURS LIKE IN RIVIERA MAYA. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS DO BE DECIDED. ANYHOW, IF ONE IS OPENED, FOR EXAMPLE, UNTIL MIDNIGHT, WE WILL SERVE DRINKS WITH NO PROBLEM BUT, AT LEAST AT THE SPORTS BAR, WHERE WE WILL HAVE THE 24 HOURS SNACK SERVICE, WE WILL POSSIBLY APPLY THE SAME RESTRICTIONS WE HAVE AT THE MOMENT.
14) A nice Buffet on the beach (lunch and maybe some nights for dinner as well?) PLANNED
PLEASE DON’T STOP LEETING US KNOW ANY SUGGESTIONS. I TRY TO READ THEM AS FREQUENTLY AS I CAN.